Jennifer Bush has roots in Michigan, Colorado and Washington, though now calls Austin, Texas “Home.” Her first official job was at a local public library; she has unofficially been tidying books on library and bookstore shelves ever since. Jennifer is an active member of SCBWI and is committed to writing books that children will see themselves in, and that parents, educators and librarians will enjoy reading aloud. Her goal is to write fun, engaging stories that merge heaps of imagination with morsels of real world information.
“Most likely to accept “Can you read the next part out loud for the class?” like it’s her job.”
- Craft work
- SCBWI member
- Participant: 12×12, Storystorm, Write Now! at The Writing Barn
- Conferences: SCBWI LA/Austin 2019, TLA 2019, ILA 2018, TLA 2016
- Writing. Revising. Resting. Revising. Revising. Revising.
- Current work: Book fair logistics for Austin-area schools
- Where it all started: Boulder Public Library
- Professional career: Marketing and Public Relations. My career has been focused on writing press releases, websites and email newsletters, while producing events (arts festivals, conventions, concerts, corporate sales/marketing events) to expand brand awareness and support sales goals.
- Communications and Creative Writing
- Past-member: Northwest Literacy Foundation, Seattle
- Volunteer: Active support role in school libraries and classrooms
- Reading: picture books, early chapter, middle grade, YA, adult, non-fiction, craft books, online industry sources/podcasts.